The Los Angeles Film School, a leader in entertainment arts education, is looking for an online instructor to teach courses in Character Animation.
Film + Media Studies
Sep 26, 2022
The Los Angeles Film School is an accredited, degree-granting college that specializes in entertainment and media arts education.
The mission of The Los Angeles Film School is to inspire students with an inventive method of education that concentrates on preparation for career opportunities in the entertainment and media industry.
Online Faculty in our Computer Animation Bachelor of Science Degree Program will prepare students for entry-level positions in the computer animation film and game industries. Online Faculty is made up of industry professionals developing and teaching a curriculum that integrates technical knowledge with artistic exploration and creativity to provide an immersive learning experience for students. Our online learning environment utilizes interactive and web-based media with a variety of video content, project work and assignments, discussion boards, quizzes, instructor-led live sessions, and significant one-on-one student interaction. The online faculty is expected to provide supportive coaching and mentoring to students, helping students learn and grow holistically.
Key Job Elements
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule
- Exhibits a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process along with student outreach.
- Designs and delivers class instruction through the development of instructional plans that meet stated learning objectives.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school and department academic policies.
- Contributes to a learning culture by participating in curriculum development and department committees.
- Relates professional industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- Be proficiency with character animation within Autodesk Maya.
- Have general knowledge of character rigging and body mechanics.
- Submit a portfolio that displays examples of character animations.
- An understanding of how a computer animation production pipeline works.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional work experience in a related field.
- Prior teaching experience at the post-secondary level preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with diverse student populations.
- Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills
- Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills)
- All positions are subject to a complete background check, including verification of education and previous employment.