We are seeking experienced and outgoing On-Set Supervisors to join our rapidly growing team, serving a diverse range of projects across commercial, music video, television and feature film.
Greater Atlanta Area
Nov 26, 2021
The perfect candidate will leverage strong interpersonal skills to build upon and strengthen client relationships and must possess a positive mental attitude by which to represent Ingenuity at all times. Impeccable communication skills are key.
On set supervisors are expected to calmly work with directors, camera department and other members of production to troubleshoot unforeseen issues on location, manage production expectations and ensure that we fulfil our client’s visions while protecting the integrity and investment of the company.
Some of the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following.
- Must be patient, polite and assertive in the ever changing production environment. Must be able to think three dimensionally to problem solve on the fly and ensure a successful shoot in the face of adversity.
- Read scripts and create VFX Breakdowns, including estimated shot count and suggested methodology.
- Attend all VFX meetings and provide consultation during Concept/SPFX/Stunts/Props calls. Update documents and personnel accordingly.
- Attend and provide guidance during Tech Scouts. Report back and update documents accordingly.
- Prepare all necessary reference materials for on set guidance.
- Be responsible for and familiar with all VFX and camera equipment, ensuring efficient use of Production time to capture all relevant data for set reports.
- Provide guidance and ensure shots are inline with approved bid and methodology - green screen, 2 and 3D tracking, wardrobe, action and all necessary elements.
- Take reference, HDRI and textural photography, recording relevant information as needed.
- Maintain VFX tracker and submit timely hot-cost reporting during shoot.
- Stay alert and available to offer guidance as requested including non-VFX shots in order to help keep the production on budget by avoiding unnecessary work.
- Have a keen eye and ability to work with splinter units to provide Direction on VFX plate shoots and similar.