CUMULUS MEDIA | Lake Charles is looking for a dynamic Morning Show On-Air (Co)Host on our Country Legend KYKR-FM.
Our people work in a state-of-the-art facility, take pride in our community and value teamwork. If you can deliver lifestyle headlines, be focused, creative and multi-task and most of all…love radio, we should talk. Board work, remotes and production are all a part of what we do, so show us what you’ve got.
CUMULUS | Lake Charles currently features 6 stations in the Lake Charles area and surrounding parishes. Our stations include: KKGB-FM The Rock 101.3, KQLK Nash 97.9 plays country music, KBIU-FM Warm 103.3, 1400 KAOK-AM Super Talk Radio, KXZZ 1580 am Sports Radio, and KYKZ100.7 Country. The cluster of 6 stations reaches thousands of listeners on a daily basis.
Responsibilities include hosting or co-hosting shows that generate ratings by being entertaining, informative, community oriented and forwarding the brand. Must have a deep understanding of how to go beyond the latest news, headlines, and events to craft an entertaining and unique product. The candidate should be able to plan and produce a quality show, through creative ideas, segments, celebrity interviews and production elements. Daily commercial production is required. As an ambassador for Cumulus, participation in station and client events/remotes, connecting with the community and our listeners, building a relationship with clients through the sales team and networking within the market are paramount. Candidates must have unparalleled passion, worth ethic and drive.
- Produce a compelling radio show by using creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air content
- Great with phones/interacting with callers, interviewing artists/guests and hosting live events
- Connect with listeners via phones, social, video, web and on-site
- Daily social media engagement; website and digital content generation
- Participates in station Programming, Promotions, and Sales meetings and events
- Assist in production and imaging of the station
- Live Broadcasts and station appearances, whether paid of unpaid
- Commercial Production; create killer endorsement ads – both on air and online – for mutually agreed upon products
- Voice other commercials as assigned
- Handles emergency news/weather in show; on call for weather disasters/breaking news
- Ensures logged commercials, promotions, sweepers and any other programming element essential to the station's operations are aired
- Performs additional duties in small stations, such as production, assisting program director or music director, operating radio transmitter or writing advertising copy. Plays music as specified by music director and music log
To upload your air-check, please paste the audio file into a Word document and save with name format Lastname.Audio and upload as part of your application by selecting “Include a cover letter”. Instructions are also provided on the application form.
- 3 + years of Full-Time On-Air experience with successful ratings history required
- Strong production skills and knowledge of Op X, VOX Pro/Adobe Audition and Audacity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking
- Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
- Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
- Demonstrated upbeat personality, informative, entertaining and engaging on the air; able to relate to station audience
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
- Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar; ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
- Demonstrated creativity and imagination
- Can work well in a team environment; collaborative
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally-mandated accommodations
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Professional growth and career path
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
- 401K with company match to plan for the long-term
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
For immediate consideration, please visit https://cumulusmedia.jobs.net/
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website at: https://www.cumulusmedia.com/
CUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).