Are you a curious, passionate, energetic, and hardworking undergraduate or graduate student majoring in journalism or communications who is looking for a hands-on learning experience which will help you to further prepare you for an exciting career in journalism? NewsNation is looking for interns for Summer 2023. The paid internships will run from approximately June 5th – August 25, 2023.
Are you a curious, passionate, energetic, and hardworking undergraduate or graduate student majoring in journalism or communications who is looking for a hands-on learning experience which will help you to further prepare you for an exciting career in journalism? Would you enjoy the opportunity to work on a national cable news show, on our network assignment desk, or with our booking team and learn about journalism, storytelling and producing national newscasts?
NewsNation is looking for interns for Summer 2023. The paid internships will run from approximately June 5th – August 25, 2023.
Selected interns will work on one of our NewsNation programs, on the national assignment desk, or with our booking department. Interns will also attend trainings and workshops which help them further understand the editorial, business, programming, and technological aspects of a 24-hour news organization.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Conducting research
• Pitching stories
• Identifying prospective guests
• Helping source video from social media
• Desktop editing of videos
• Creating graphics
• Writing scripts
• Must be pursuing an associate’s, bachelor’s or master’s degree at an accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a Visa or sponsorship
• The ability to work at NewsNation headquarters in Chicago or DC
Salary Range: $15.40 Hourly
• Ideal Backgrounds Include: Journalism or Broadcast Journalism, Digital/New Media Studies, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Production, English, Social Media, Research.
•Must be a team player
• Must be self-motivated
• Must be able to take feedback and constructive criticism
Rush Hour: This no fluff, no filler newscast hosted by Nichole Berlie taps into a nationwide network of thousands of journalists to get you up-to-the-minute news from across the country. "Rush Hour" airs weeknights at 5pm ET/4pm CT.
Morning in America: “Morning in America” is NewsNation’s live three-hour national morning newscast hosted by Adrienne Bankert. Watch LIVE at 7/6CT on NewsNation
On Balance: Leland Vittert asks "why?" about the most pressing matters of the day, with an intellectual, balanced and sometimes irreverent take on the news. "On Balance with Leland Vittert" airs weeknights at 7/6C.
Banfield: At 10pm ET, you're looking to exhale. Ashleigh provides that respite while still informing and entertaining. Watch big-name A-list celebrities, newsmakers and public figures for a unique opportunity to talk for an hour.
Weekend: NewsNation PRIME Weekend is the country's only live primetime national newscast, hosted by Natasha Zouves and airs Saturday and Sunday nights at 7/6C.
NewsNation Live : NewsNation Live with Marni Hughes brings you a fast-paced look at the latest from the border to Main Street to the White House and around the globe and airs weekdays at 10A./9C.