NewsNation is currently searching for a part-time Robotic Camera Operator for our national newscasts, based in our new New York studios, with the opportunity for full-time staff positions as operations expand.
Greater New York City Area
Nov 02, 2022
This opportunity is for someone that doesn't mind rolling up their sleeves and do something few have done before – launch a new 24-hour news network.
- The successful candidate will be able to listen to director’s commands and react swiftly and accurately for correctly positioning and framing shots including the x/y axis and for camera “shading” and color correction for multiple cameras in multiple locations.
- Must be able to make smooth on-air moves.
- Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news broadcasts.
- Must be proficient with operation of broadcast equipment within assigned area, including programming and troubleshooting the robotics system.
- May be asked to train others or create training documentation.
- Be able to communicate and document effectively and concisely to the rest of the team.
- All day parts (mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays) may be a part of the schedule with overtime as situations demand.
- Five (5) years of experience in professional live broadcast operations (radio/TV/cable) running professional robotic video cameras required.
- This position requires correct evaluation of picture color and tone. The ability to distinguish colors is critical.
- You must be detail-oriented and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be self-sufficient and have a “press-on-regardless” attitude.
- Other engineering/operating experience in areas of Steadicam, audio, or transmission is a plus.
- Must work well in a collaborative team environment and be able to multitask.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field preferred.
This position is a part-time staff position which will require membership in IBEW.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!