NewsNation is currently searching for a part-time Robotic Camera Operator for our national newscasts, based in our new New York studios, with the opportunity for full-time staff positions as operations expand.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
Mar 20, 2023
This opportunity is for someone that doesn't mind rolling up their sleeves and do something few have done before – launch a new 24-hour news network.
- The successful candidate will be able to listen to director’s commands and react swiftly and accurately for correctly positioning and framing shots including the x/y axis and for camera “shading” and color correction for multiple cameras in multiple locations.
- Must be able to make smooth on-air moves.
- Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news broadcasts.
- Must be proficient with operation of broadcast equipment within assigned area, including programming and troubleshooting the robotics system.
- May be asked to train others or create training documentation.
- Be able to communicate and document effectively and concisely to the rest of the team.
- All day parts (mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays) may be a part of the schedule with overtime as situations demand.
- Five (5) years of experience in professional live broadcast operations (radio/TV/cable) running professional robotic video cameras required.
- This position requires correct evaluation of picture color and tone. The ability to distinguish colors is critical.
- You must be detail-oriented and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be self-sufficient and have a “press-on-regardless” attitude.
- Other engineering/operating experience in areas of Steadicam, audio, or transmission is a plus.
- Must work well in a collaborative team environment and be able to multitask.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field preferred.
- This position is a part-time staff position which will require membership in IBEW.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!