As the Senior Booking Producer, you will lead the booking team in arranging guest appearances on the program to discuss the news of the day and or breaking news.
NewsNation’s daily show anchored by Elizabeth Vargas Elizabeth Vargas Reports is looking for a hardworking, creative, and proactive Senior Booking Producer to join the show team. As the Senior Booking Producer, you will lead the booking team in arranging guest appearances on the program to discuss the news of the day and or breaking news. You must have excellent organizational skills, be an effective communicator, be detail-oriented, and work well under deadline pressure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participates in daily pitch and story meetings.
- Be able to respond to breaking news and find and vet prospective guests
- Conduct pre-interviews and prepare editorial notes and guidance for producers and talent
- Research, recommend and book show guests on tight deadlines.
- Coordinates logistics of guest’s transportation and/or technology needs to appear on show.
- Ensures guests are prepared for show’s flow and format.
- Assists in development, planning and follow-up of all news stories topics and guests
- Tracks stories from all sources including government agencies, wire services and community groups
- Plans, organizes, and anticipates upcoming stories and events.
- Assist in distributing segments and clips quickly to digital, PR, other show teams
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum 10 years experience booking and show producing for national media.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Works well within a booking team to collaborate on how to get the desired and best guest.
- Flexibility to work off-hours, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Salary Range $100,000 - $125,000 Annualized