The Dan Abrams Live Segment Producer is responsible for contributing story ideas, writing stories and segments, compiling elements to support those stories, and organizing them within an energetic and memorable broadcast.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
May 24, 2023
The Dan Abrams Live Segment Producer is responsible for contributing story ideas, writing stories and segments, compiling elements to support those stories, and organizing them within an energetic and memorable broadcast. They work well with the Executive Producer, Senior Producer, Line Producer and Host to solve problems and form the editorial direction of the show. This position is based in New York.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in writing and production of broadcast segments
- Contributes to the editorial process and makes solid decisions in breaking news situations
- Assist in preparing and executing live, compelling television newscasts.
- Fill in as line producer as needed
- Executes strategies that engage and grow audiences across all digital devices
- Writes, produces and edits material that appeals to target audiences
- Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other information sources
Requirements & Skills:
- 3-5 years experience in national or major-market news
- BA/BS degree or equivalent degree in journalism or related field.
- Strong writing skills required.
- Ability to create dynamic graphic and video elements
- Must be self-directing, self-motivating and able to work will with a diverse group of people.
- Interact well with on-air talent, news managers, videographers, production, digital and engineering staff
- Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills
- Exhibit strong news judgment
- Handle stress, including short deadlines.
- Work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work assigned shifts and be on call during overnights, mornings and weekends/holidays
- Perform other tasks as assigned by news management.
Salary Range - $70,000 - $150,000 Annualized