NewsNation is looking for a segment producer to join our producing team for the primetime show anchored by Ashleigh Banfield.
Greater Chicago Area
Jan 09, 2023
The NewsNation Segment Producer is responsible for contributing ideas, writing stories and segments, compiling elements to support those stories, and organizing them within an energetic and memorable broadcast. We are looking for detail-oriented creatives who are dedicated to knowing news stories from the inside out with a unique eye and ability to highlight fresh and innovative angles and perspective. The segment producer will work with the Executive Producer, Line Producer and anchor to create content, and deliver dynamic reporting and information. The position is based at the network's headquarters in Chicago.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in writing and production of broadcast segments
- Contributes to the editorial process and makes solid decisions in breaking news situations
- Assist in preparing and executing live, compelling television newscasts.
- Executes strategies that engage and grow audiences across all digital devices
- Writes, produces and edits material that appeals to target audiences
- Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other information sources
Requirements & Skills:
- Five or more years’ experience in national or major-market news
- BA/BS degree or equivalent degree in journalism or related field.
- Strong writing skills required.
- Ability to create dynamic graphic and video elements
- Must be self-directing, self-motivating and able to work will with a diverse group of people
- Interact well with on-air talent, news managers, videographers, production, digital and engineering staff
- Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills
- Exhibit strong news judgment
- EMPS (or similar) knowledge preferred