NewsNation is currently searching for a freelance Audio Operator (A1) for our national newscasts, based in our new New York studios, with the opportunity for full-time staff positions as operations expand.
Audio / Music / Sound
Greater New York City Area
Feb 16, 2022
This opportunity is for someone that doesn't mind rolling up their sleeves and do something few have done before – launch a new 24-hour news network.
- The successful candidate will be able to listen to director’s commands and react swiftly and accurately to mix a clean show during live and pre-recorded programming.
- Must be able to route good mix minus to remotes, set up RF microphones and IFBs – proficient in operation of AZ Edit.
- The successful candidate should add creativity and ideas that enhance the final product
- The successful candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker to resolve issues and to work around problems that arise during live news broadcasts.
- Must be able to communicate and document effectively and concisely to the rest of the team.
- All day parts (mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays) may be a part of the schedule with overtime as situations demand.
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience in professional live television broadcast operations required
- Previous live show audio mixing experience required.
- Must work well in a collaborative team environment and be able to multitask.
- Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be self-sufficient and have a “press-on-regardless” attitude.
- Experience with Wheatstone audio boards preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field preferred.
This position is a full-time staff position which will require membership in IBEW.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!