KOIN 6 TV/Portland’s CW, a Nexstar Media Inc. owned CBS and CW duopoly in Portland, Oregon is seeking a News Video Editor in market 21. The Editor integrates visual content and audio material to create compelling stories as well as completing daily editing projects for multiple platforms.
Portland, Oregon Area
Nov 15, 2023
KOIN 6 TV/Portland’s CW, a Nexstar Media Inc. owned CBS and CW duopoly in Portland, Oregon is seeking a News Video Editor in market 21.
JOB SUMMARY: The Editor integrates visual content and audio material to create compelling stories as well as completing daily editing projects for multiple platforms. Edits news stories for news broadcast and other news projects using non-linear computer editing systems.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
- Collaborate with anchors, reporters, and producers on video elements of newscasts.
- Capture visual content and edit long-form stories and daily newscasts as needed.
- Collaborate with reporters to obtain concise and accurate news stories.
- Route TVU and microwave live signals
- Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with co-workers in all departments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in Web and graphic design software, digital publishing applications and multimedia production software.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods; finds alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Detail oriented.
Education/Experience: College degree or minimum 1-year relative experience in the field.
Training/Equipment: Experience using Adobe Premier preferred.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to operate computer and editing machine. High stress environment with deadline pressures.
- Must be willing and able to work weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), as well as be able to work any and all shifts as necessary, including overnights/early mornings, nights, and holidays.
- Employee must be able to conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- In addition, the employee must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Repetitive movements are required.
- Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Day, Evening, Overnight