The Production Assistant is responsible for various television production duties required to record live broadcasts and recorded segments.
Audio / Music / Sound
Grip / Lighting / Electric
Live Event / On Location Services
Nov 16, 2022
- Composes and frames camera shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors
- Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the director
- Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts
- Operates remote cameras during live broadcasts
- Confers with directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements
- Sets up cameras and related equipment
- Tests, cleans, and maintains camera equipment
- Runs audio for newscasts
- Operates teleprompter for newscasts
- Edits video
- Produces graphics and operates graphic equipment for newscast
- Maintains the cleanliness of the studio
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexible schedule required - nights, early mornings and/or weekends, as well as shift work are possible.
- Must have the ability to stand for a couple of hours at a time.