Noticiero Telemundo San Diego (KUAN) is looking for an experienced and dynamic news producer to work along an enthusiastic news team and contribute to all news content, platforms and projects.
Greater San Diego Area
Aug 18, 2023
Noticiero Telemundo San Diego (KUAN) is looking for an experienced and dynamic news producer to work along an enthusiastic news team and contribute to all news content, platforms and projects. The primary responsibilities are to research, write and edit content for our daily newscast. This person will produce, organize and coordinate all elements involved in creating and producing a fast-paced newscast in San Diego, CA and will be responsible for writing, editing and in some cases, video recording the material for broadcast and all digital platforms. Must have the ability to work weekends and under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility.
- Work directly with VP of News, Executive Producer, Producers, Assignment Editor, Anchors, MMJ's and production crews in overall news content production.
- Knowledgeable of daily news, current events, and past news
- Research, write and edit content for our daily newscasts.
- Conceptualize stories with story producers, reporters, and talent.
- Produce newscasts and other broadcast content in an automated production control environment.
- Manage the newscast story producers.
- Contribute story ideas daily, create graphics, assign & edit news-copy, produce other newscasts & specials as needed.
- Strong writing and tease writing skills
- Must ensure accuracy, integrity, ethical values and balance of content
- Respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy and have good time-management skills
- Work closely with story producers, producers, executive producer and news director on story/sweeps planning and coordination
- Write content for on air and digital as well as copy-edit reporter scripts
- Incorporate digital media strategy into newscasts
- Incorporate digital media strategies in each newscast and contribute to digital platforms strategies
- Contribute story ideas; participate in daily coverage decisions, editorial meetings, special coverage and breaking news
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
Salary range: $65,000 - $85,000
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as broadcast producer
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism or related field
- At least 1-year prior news editing experience
- Spanish language proficiency (reading and writing)
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to react to breaking news, updating the news as stories evolve and write intros and leads to video online content
- Demonstrated knowledge of AP style writing and guidelines
- Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any of a 24x7 shift and willingness to work long hours and on weekends and holidays with short notice
- Must be willing to work in San Diego, California
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
Day, Evening, Overnight