WTMO Telemundo Orlando seeks a News Producer who is responsible for the creation of live newscasts and other special news programs as needed. As a T31 Producer, you will be creating content for the most innovative news organization in Orlando, FL.
• Responsible for overall production, flow, accuracy, content and every element of each newscast.
• Responsible for being a key newsroom leader clearly and timely communicating his/her vision and the show’s needs to each person who will participate or provide content for that newscast (i.e. assignment editor, anchors, MMJ’s, editors and production crews.)
• Understand newscast’s audience, mission and station priorities. Integrate all station platforms in the showcasing of the news production.
• Work closely with the Executive Producer on special projects and news coverages.
• Well-informed on daily news events, past news events and know what is news for the Central Florida Hispanic market.
• Craft content using excellent writing skills, as well as your own unique vision.
• Plan, supervise and execute Live Shots and Live Remotes during live newscasts.
• Select, assign, write, and organize news stories. Write headlines, teases and reporter/anchor lead-ins.
• Timely respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy.
• Coordinate and plan future coverages.
• Work with Multimedia Journalists on their visual and written storytelling and presentation.
• Write news scripts, promotional teasers, headlines and daily news briefs.
• Contribute story ideas, participate in daily coverage decisions and editorial meetings.
• Leadership: take responsibility for own actions and be a team player. Lead the team to the common goal of producing an innovative, flawless, creative, interesting newscasts. Communicate clear directions and changes to all the newscasts’ team members.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Understand and follow all Telemundo News standards and ethics.
- Must be an experienced journalist with a Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field in communication and/or must have proven equivalent experience.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write perfect Spanish and must be able to speak, read, and write in English.
- A minimum of 2 years of News Producer experience.
- Experience in Line-production and proven track record or boothing live events, live shots, and newscasts.
- Excellent news judgment, creative ideas, and writing skills a must.
- Must have leadership qualities, be detail-oriented, organized, and able to handle intense deadline pressure.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in Orlando, FL area and travel as needed for special assignments.
- Must have the ability to work long hours, weekdays and weekends, varying shifts (including overnight), and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when necessary.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Dispute Resolution program
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
- Knowledge of libel law and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Team player who is flexible
- Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Intense familiarity and interest in current news events.
- Strong Organizational Skills.
- News judgment with solid ethical decision process
- Ability to perform under hard deadlines.