The Digital Content Producer is responsible for writing for and managing the WVLT digital media platforms.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WVLT is located in beautiful Knoxville, Tennessee. In addition to producing 50 hours of newscasts each week on CBS affiliate WVLT, the station takes advantage of its co-owned CW-affiliate to expend its news audience by producing two hours of additional weekday morning news and nightly 10 p.m. newscasts.
At the door step of the Smoky Mountains and on the banks of the Tennessee River, Knoxville is home the competitive 60th largest television market in the country. In addition to being home to the University of Tennessee’s flagship campus, Knoxville sports a walkable downtown, sophisticated mix of culture and cuisine, a diverse and robust employment sector, advanced medical care, and amenities found in big cities yet in a city that retains a small town feel.
The Digital Content Producer is responsible for writing for and managing the WVLT digital media platforms. Duties include, but are not limited to, writing news stories under tight deadlines, sending breaking news push alerts, gathering and creating content for all digital platforms, engaging social media users and working with the news staff to coordinate the station's digital presence.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Producing dynamic written and video news content in a fast-paced environment for distribution across all digital and streaming platforms
• Working quickly to send out breaking news, weather and traffic alerts, including push notifications, social media updates and web stories that are updated as news develops
• Collaborating with members of the digital team and the newsroom to produce and distribute news content that meets our high standards
• Posting to our online and social media platforms using digital publishing tools, video editing software and other resources
• Creating innovative and user-friendly elements for consumption across our platforms, including photo galleries, interactive charts, and other embedded content
• Attention to detail and willingness to learn new are imperative
• Additional duties as assigned, including conducting interviews for stories to appear in a digital format or on air.
• BA or BS in Journalism/Communications/English or equivalent background
• A strong passion for innovative storytelling, newsgathering and lifelong learning
• Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.