Turn TV stories into multimedia digital stories: Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by July 22, 2022.
Jul 06, 2022
Sep 05, 2022
Dec 23, 2022
Fall Internship Program Dates: September 2022 – December 2022
- Pitch, report and write news and features
- Put together photo galleries and digital videos
- Turn TV stories into multimedia digital stories
- Cut video from broadcasts
- Identify opportunities for graphics and data visualization
- Shadow digital editors, TV producers, assignment desk editors and others
- Assist with social media
- News writing experience
- Knowledge of the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area
Note: Applicants should submit written work samples (links, documents and/or PDFs) along with a resume and cover letter.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
- Desired Backgrounds Include: Journalism or Broadcast Journalism, Digital/New Media Studies, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Production, English, Social Media, Research.
- Previous internship experience or on-campus involvement
- Ability to work effectively in a high-intensity environment, often under tight deadline pressures
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong interest in and demonstrated knowledge of current affairs
- Excellent computer skills (especially search skills)
- Spanish language skills a plus