NBC Sports: Interns will assist in the production of daily content and programs, while also helping various production and marketing related initiatives including research, audio/video production, news gathering, editing content.
San Francisco Bay Area
Nov 11, 2022
The Content group at NBC Sports Bay Area/California is responsible for the day-to-day planning and production of on-air and digital schedule. Interns will assist in the production of daily content and programs, while also helping various production and marketing related initiatives including research, audio/video production, news gathering, editing content.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Screening/logging of games, press conferences, interviews and taped programs to prepare for editing
- Researching for graphic boards, creating on-air graphics, and assisting the ticker operators
- Assisting Associate Producers in the edit rooms
- Working on the production of any and all pregame/postgame programming
- Preparing, copying and distributing programming information and scripts
- Strong interest in the web, mobile, social media, sports and television
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and creative skills
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; meet deadlines and work as part of a team while also being able to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Possess great organizational skills and has excellent track record for following through on projects
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Doing detail work to procure footage from external sources
- Any other tasks needed to support the network's day-to-day operations
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
- If selected for an in-person internship, must be willing to work in our San Francisco office to perform duties as needed
- Intermediate media production experience thru college programs
- Knowledge of sports, preferably Bay Area teams – including baseball, basketball, football, and hockey