Become a NBC 5 Chicago and Telemundo Chicago intern and learn broadcasting and digital from our world-class teams!
The NBCUniversal paid internship program gives students real world experience, networking opportunities and exposure to one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. Students can intern in a variety of functions including news, ad sales, finance, community and creative services.
PLEASE READ INTERNSHIP INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY:
Fall 2022 Internship Program:
- Applications Close: June 30, 2022 at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don't delay!
- Program Dates: September 19 – December 9, 2022
- Time Commitment: 16-24 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need. We will do our best to accommodate course schedules.
- Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
- Recent graduates will NOT be eligible for this program
- You must meet the basic qualifications to be considered for an internship *Please review the basic qualifications carefully*
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
- Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
Opportunities available in the following departments:
- News: Telemundo
- Investigative Unit: NBC 5 and Telemundo
- Human Resources: NBC 5/Telemundo
- Integrated Sales and Marketing: NBC 5/Telemundo
- Digital Media: NBC 5 and Telemundo
- Chicago Today: NBC 5
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a Visa or sponsorship
- If selected for a virtual internship, must be working from a location within the United States during all hours worked.
- If selected for an in-person internship, must be willing to work in the designated city and state as mentioned in the job responsibilities section.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Eager to Learn
- Work as a team player
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous Internship Experience
- Bilingual - English/Spanish preferred