The Music Research team works closely with production segments across The Walt Disney Company on music cue sheets for their iconic brands.
Audio / Music / Sound
Greater Los Angeles Area
May 31, 2022
Our goal is to ensure the timely delivery of music reporting to performing rights organizations and interested parties worldwide for music in productions presented by our world-class entertainment studios. Timely cue sheet reporting impacts performance income for the music properties related to The Walt Disney Company.
- Onboard productions and production parties (i.e., music editors, composers, production teams internal and external to Disney). Train production parties. Including training for our cue sheet program and instructions on industry-standard cue sheet practices.
- Liaise and coordinate with internal and external cue sheet stakeholders (i.e., Production, Music Production, Post-Production, Music BA & Legal, Music Editors, Music Supervisors, Music Licensors, etc.) to secure relevant cue sheet details and provide instruction as needed.
- Research: Composer-songwriter work for hire deals. Song data from various sources for pre-existing and new works to secure accurate metadata. Production header information and all identifiers.
- Review, edit and sometimes create cue sheets for music reporting to PROs and various production stakeholders.
- Provide music roadmaps for medleys and song/cue identification for multiple teams across the Disney enterprise.
- Minimum of 3 years working in music for a television or film production company, studio or in post-production
- Proficiency in PRO and cue sheet policies and practices
- Experience in or working knowledge of music publishing, copyright, performing rights, or licensing in connection with cue sheets
- Detail-oriented with outstanding time management skills
- Clear communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experienced researcher
- Able to work under the pressure of external and internal deadlines
- Resourceful and solution-oriented
- Experience working with RapidCue, Soundmouse, or other automated cue sheet programs
- College Degree or equivalent work experience