Perform on-air reporting responsibilities for designated Telemundo Las Vegas - KBLR newscasts or program across KBLR’s multiple platforms
Live Event / On Location Services
Las Vegas, Nevada Area
Jun 22, 2023
- Perform on-air reporting responsibilities for designated Telemundo Las Vegas - KBLR newscasts or program across KBLR’s multiple platforms
- Contribute story ideas for key series pieces for daily news program, digital & social media platforms
- Prepare and/or assemble, and present story content in a fair, accurate and unbiased manner
- Collaborate with news producers and managers to conceptualize, produce and present Telemundo Las Vegas KBLR news specials and packages based on either breaking or pre-planned stories
- Generate story ideas, research and set up the content and interviews as well as edit packages and report new stories from field
- Develop and maintain a network of news sources providing access to exclusive local stories
- Leverage relationships within the community for the purpose of developing connections to story leads and bridge relevant activities through community relations department
- Participate in station-sponsored and tentpole events
- Perform field reporting, fill-in for other shows, and other temporary assignments, as needed
- Participate in editorial meetings, proofread scripts and work hand in hand with newscast producers, executive producers
• BA or BS in Journalism / Communications.
• Must possess a minimum of 3 years television anchor/reporter experience.
• Candidate must have excellent Spanish & English writing skills as well as very strong verbal skills.
• Candidate must be able to work as Multi Media Journalist and have excellent skills with camera and editing.
• Ability to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations.
• Strong live reporting skills are necessary.
• Ability to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
• The ideal candidate must be able to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Ability to participate in community, public events and/or Master of Ceremonies as requested by the station.
• Interested and qualified candidates must submit a Demo Reel and resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must be willing to work extended hours, weekends and holidays with short notice.
• Must be willing to work at the KBLR TV Station in Las Vegas, Nevada.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• BA or BS in Journalism, Communications or Political Science preferred.
• General Assignment reporting skills preferred.
• Possess the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to present scripts with clarity and energy.
• Proven record of meeting deadlines and developing contacts.
• Proven record of contributing story ideas.
• A history of newsroom leadership.
• A history of working well with news staff.