This is a FTP (Wed-Sun 1:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.). MMJ/Weekend Producer writes, reports, edits and presents news stories for all broadcast and digital platforms with a compelling, easy to understand delivery; generates story ideas; provides creative and unique coverage; posts news and feature stories and additional multi-media content to all digital platforms, including social media extensions and podcasts.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KTUU-TV is an NBC-affiliated television station based in Anchorage, Alaska. KTUU-TV’s early beginnings date back to 1953. Over the ensuing decades, the station has built a reputation of excellence as Alaska’s most watched news source, producing 32 hours of news and sports content each week on television. Online, AlaskasNewSource.com has become a digital news leader, and Channel 2’s mobile News and Weather applications are on the leading edge of mobile journalism in Alaska. Strong reach and brand loyalty are augmented by added distribution to the state’s capital and more than 244 rural communities throughout Alaska. KTUU-TV also operates KYES, Channel 5.
This is a FTP (Wed-Sun 1:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.). MMJ/Weekend Producer writes, reports, edits and presents news stories for all broadcast and digital platforms with a compelling, easy to understand delivery; generates story ideas; provides creative and unique coverage; posts news and feature stories and additional multi-media content to all digital platforms, including social media extensions and podcasts. MMJ's may also be called upon to shoot and live stream press conferences or breaking news events as warranted. The Weekend News Producer duties include producing live newscasts at 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. on Sat and Sun, includes: gathering and writing content, writing news scripts, editing copy, ordering graphics to fit stories, coordinating live shots, communicating with anchors and producers.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Use writing and production skills across all broadcast and digital platforms
* Write and publish stories, videos, photos
* Generate and report LIVE digital and broadcast news content
* Create and host podcasts and social media LIVE coverage
* Disperse breaking news via text and mobile as well as web site with urgency
* Develops and maintains sources for online and broadcast reporting
* Participates in story selection process through meetings; attendance at editorial meetings
* Produces newscasts including: stacking, writing scripts, editing copy, ordering graphics to fit stories, making maps, coordinating live shots with directors, production staff, reporters & photographers
* College degree in Journalism or equivalent
* 1-2 years experience in broadcast and multimedia content generation and on-air/online presentation
* Be able to write clearly and accurately
* Familiarity of AP Style Book
* Strong initiative and persistent attention to detail is required
* Must possess excellent interview and conversational writing/presentation skills
* Ability to shoot and edit video; create personalized stories for broadcast and digital platforms
* Able to produce and post content to our websites and social media
* Strong understanding of Current Events
* Strong emphasis on professional social media skills as related to journalism
* Able to effectively utilize social media outlets to engage and respond to viewers
* Must be able to work well under pressure and with limited supervision
* Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
* Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors and viewers
* Solid keyboarding skills
* Ability to work with Google Docs, ENPS, Grass Valley Edius edit or equivalent
* Possible exposure to atmospheric conditions
* Must be able to walk for extended periods while carrying equipment
* Must be able to stand for extended periods
* Must be able to kneel, crouch, stoop
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.