NBCUniversal’s Owned Television station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KXAS TV, is looking for a skilled Multiplatform Producer to help take our streaming content and newscasts to a new level.
Live Event / On Location Services
Dallas/Fort Worth Area
Apr 17, 2023
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about news, loves breaking news and has a creative vision for crafting live programs. You’ll work closely with managers to create innovative, up-to-the-minute content that resonates with our viewers. The ideal candidate loves to collaborate, wants to help lead a team, and is ready to take on new challenges to help us continue to grow. You’ll work closely with our streaming products and help us continue to find new ways to reach our audience no matter what platform they are on. This is a great opportunity to work with and learn from some of the best journalists in the market!
- Produce daily newscasts, live special coverage and other programs for streaming platforms.
- Edit video as needed.
- Clearly communicate your vision to a team of writers, anchors and field crews in order to deliver dynamic and accurate stories and segments.
- Develop an understanding of our streaming and non linear products and consistently contribute to them
- Work closely with directors, editors and graphics artists to enhance the production value of your newscast.
- Contribute story ideas and take charge of daily coverage decisions for your newscast.
- Quickly adjust to late changes and be aggressive in breaking news coverage.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a daily newscast producer.
- Proven track record of boothing live events and newscasts.
- Intense familiarity and interest in current news events.
- External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in Fort Worth, TX, just south of DFW Airport
- Must have the ability to work any shift
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Dispute Resolution program
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience segment producing and/or generating content across multiple platforms is a plus.
- Knowledge of libel law and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Displays a positive work ethic and a high degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to create urgent, engaging and conversational news copy and visuals under tight deadlines
- Team player who is flexible and works well under pressure.
- Strong organizational and time management skills