The KHOU 11 Marketing Department is in search of a marketing producer with graphic design experience who wants to learn and grow from one of the most experienced production teams in Houston!
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Houston, Texas Area
Aug 23, 2022
This job is for someone who is a visual storyteller, knows the latest trends in new media and can quickly work back and forth between traditional and new media. This is your opportunity to work in one of the biggest and most diverse cities in the country!
- Design motion and still graphics for broadcast, digital, social, and internal projects
- Designer of traditional print and digital assets
- Develop graphics packages for commercials, news, specials and documentaries
- Write creative briefs and production plans to keep projects on time and on message
- Assist commercial production with producing, shooting, and editing
- Sharp eye for editing and design, particularly with typography and motion graphics / animation
- Ability to ‘get things done,’ sometimes with little or no direction or supervision
- Solid organization and time management in a fast-paced environment
- Manage, prioritize, and track multiple projects while still meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict-resolution skills
- Ability to “think on your feet” and adapt to last-minute changes
- Independently identify, assess, and solve problems or improve processes
- 3D and print design skills a plus
- Understanding of digital and social media marketing a plus
- Writer who can transform abstract or complex concepts into compelling ad copy
- 2+ years hands-on experience at a medium-to-major broadcast TV station or at a corporate marketing / creative agency
- Art school or degree in art design a plus
- Ability to paint a plus but not necessary
- Portfolio that shows demonstrated skills with motion/graphic design, video editing, photography and writing
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, and Audition. InDesign and Illustrator a plus)
- Must be willing to work in Houston, Texas. This is not a remote position.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours when needed, including nights, weekends, or holidays
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.