Cox Media Group Long Island Radio is looking for a part-time Morning Show Producer/On-Air Talent! The Syke Morning Show is looking for the next morning show star!
Please upload your Air Check Package via Drop Box when submitting your application!
Are you a natural born entertainer? Do people tell you you’re funny and that you tell the best stories? Do you have strong opinions and can back them up in a debate? Do you love social media and find yourself posting content daily? Have you ever dreamed on being on a top rated Long Island radio morning show?!
Cox Media Group has an opening for a part-time Morning Show Producer/On-Air Host. The Syke Morning Show with Ally Ali is looking for a local Long Islander to join them on the air weekday mornings. Plus, you’ll be involved in daily show planning, an integral part of the show’s social media presence and join the team at selected station and community events.
The ideal candidate can easily connect with people on-air, in person and on social media. Individuals applying for this position must possess a strong work ethic, be a team player, be able to work within format parameters to maximize ratings and revenue success, and be able to relate to the lifestyle that is Long Island. You should be a great story teller, understand the concept of forward momentum in a PPM world, be immersed in pop-culture, be active and forward thinking with social media and video, and have the ability to effectively tease and deliver on compelling content with great pacing and timing.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Daily show planning with the team
- Collecting airchecks for best of shows
- Filming in the studio and editing video for social media and website
- Coordinating interviews and studio visits with people outside the station.
- Show prep, including format related content, pop-culture content and local content; writing and posting web and social media content.
- Duties include working closely with program director to develop relatable content, execute format, and deliver ratings goals.
- Remotes and appearances at station or life group functions, as assigned.
- Work with sales and promotions to maximize revenue opportunities, including promotions and personal endorsements.
What We Look For
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- On-Air Experience with Top 40 radio format experience a plus but not required.
- Strong on-air presence. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience operating all on-air and production equipment.
- Experience with audio software editing products (Adobe Audition, etc.) a plus
- Computer skills for audio delivery and automation systems (Wide Orbit, Audiovault, etc.), word processing, audio and video editing and web/social media.
- Available as needed, including mornings, weekends, etc., when required.
- MUST be social media savvy, ready to hit the Long Island scene and execute a PPM-friendly and engaging radio show.