Charlotte’s Mix 107.9 is looking to add a Producer to their team.
Audio / Music / Sound
Charlotte, North Carolina Area
Jan 13, 2023
A Producer is responsible for the daily technical operation of the assigned show, and for the implementation of program strategy as assigned by the Program Director in a professional* and competent* manner. Negotiated job responsibilities will be maintained at all times.
- Oversee technical Operations for the Morning Show
- Run the control Board for the Morning Show.
- Reports equipment and other discrepancies when appropriate.
- Familiarize and follow daily traffic logs to ensure all programming materials (commercials, news, live tags, etc.) are aired appropriately and be able to note any discrepancies between log and actual run times. Provide talent with “Live Read” run times and makes sure talent has the proper copy for the live reads.
- Live in the digital space (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, Twitter) in order to post and interact with Listeners on a daily basis and to help build and market our stations brand. As well as updating brand/show website pages on daily basis.
- Maintain all audio components of the assigned show including pulling clips, editing clips and recorded broadcasts. Produce daily promos, archive “Best of” Show content and catalog for future playback. Assist with show and station imaging, liners, live reads, in both digital and on-air content.
- Planning and Preparation for the assigned show:
- Attend pre-show and post-show meetings with talent.
- Center show on pop culture and local content, taking and screen calls during the show. Monitoring social media posts & listener interaction.
- Follow and implement the schedule of all programming elements, assist in gathering audio elements for the show to share with the hosts and participants daily.
- On the Air with the assigned show:
- Ensures hosts are focused during showtimes, directing the talent through the game plan during the show (time to move on, breaks, liners, etc.)
- Monitor appropriateness of subject matter, presentation/delivery, and relevance to target audience.
- Encourage humor, fun, and laughter on the show
- Strong knowledge of Wide Orbit, Vox Pro, Adobe Audition
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Possess extensive knowledge of audio editing to quickly and effectively screen calls
- Have a deep knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
- Strong understanding of the digital environment including website updates, video editing, blog maintenance and contributing to social media content (i.e. Facebook , Instagram, Twitter, etc)
- Excellent leadership, communication and negotiation skills
- Strong ability to deliver consistently under pressure
- Strong emotional maturity as a leader who models professional behavior
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 2 years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.