KGW in Portland, Oregon is looking for a creative and energetic producer to join the morning show team at one of the most innovative TV stations in the country.
Portland, Oregon Area
Mar 08, 2023
We’re looking for someone who believes in the power of local journalism and wants to help craft innovative and informative newscasts.
Our morning show, called KGW News at Sunrise, needs a producer who will put an emphasis on the use of great video, compelling graphics and conversational writing. We want someone who knows the rules of television news but isn’t afraid to break the rules when it best serves the newscast.
The ideal candidate will share innovative ideas for daily content, while maintaining close attention to detail. This producer must be able to write concisely and execute the goals of the newscast with near perfection, while also meeting tight deadlines.
Applicants must have breaking news experience, strong editorial judgment, newscast producing expertise and fully understand the needs of our audience across all our platforms. KGW is committed to recruiting diverse candidates and is looking for a producer who will ensure diverse voices are featured in our newscasts.
You will be joining a creative powerhouse of a team. Search for the “Come work for us” playlist on the KGW YouTube page to get a taste of some of our best work.
- Craft, build, mold, visualize, conceptualize a newscast, including writing segments, curating stories, and inserting breaking news.
- Use creative production techniques, graphics, editing and new forms of media to enhance stories
- Work directly with management and talent to consistently build a high-quality news show
- Use social media to research, discover and share content
- Write in an exciting, accurate, authentic and creative way
- Fill in on various shifts as needed
- Inspire a team to work together for a great newscast
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related education or work experience
- Minimum of 2 years' experience producing/line producing for newscasts
- Understanding of the tenets of good journalism
- Proven experience producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe products (Premier, After Effects, Photoshop) encouraged but not required
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
- Experience calmly handling live, breaking news situations and changing events
- A good attitude and pleasant demeanor
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.