Denver, CO Denver7 is looking for an experienced producer who loves news and isn’t afraid to speak up and take charge of their newscast. We need someone with strong editorial judgement and writing skills to join our team.
Greater Denver Area
Dec 23, 2021
Do you love the great outdoors? How about working in a positive newsroom that believes in good Journalism, creativity, teamwork and winning? If yes, consider working for us. Denver7 is looking for an experienced producer who loves news and isn’t afraid to speak up and take charge of their newscast. We need someone with strong editorial judgement and writing skills to join our team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop and organize newscasts or local programs; responsible for writing, story development and showcasing.
- Collaborate with reporters, anchors, news managers and assignment editors to determine content needs.
- Enhance the content with graphics, video, research, and station branding.
- Execute time sensitive decisions.
- Responsible for oversight of live broadcast and up to the minute editorial decisions.
- Perform desktop editing.
- Contribute to all digital platforms and must have a strong knowledge of streaming platforms.
- Able to write stories geared towards the web and post content to station's websites.
- Step into a leadership role when the Executive Producer is off.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field.
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a television writer or producer.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Avid local news consumer: know daily news, events, trends and happenings on a local level.
- Strong vision and ability to advance stories.
- Excellent interpersonal communicator.
- Extraordinarily passionate about writing; courageous and creative storyteller with attention to even tiny details - choosing the perfect words, grammar, spelling.
- Highly organized.
- Highly adaptable - fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong self-motivation.
- Working knowledge of journalistic ethics and libel laws and strong editorial judgement.
- Able to use web analytics.
- Proficient with newsroom computer systems, MS Office a plus.
COMPENSATION RANGE: Hourly: $23.56 - 35.10
WHAT WE OFFER (ADDITIONAL BENEFITS):
- A career path to grow your professional experiences
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as certain other health and wellness benefits
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Other key company benefits include disability accident insurance, hospital indemnity, critical illness, life insurance, AD&D, ID protection, pet discount program, and employee assistance program. More details about timing and conditions of benefits eligibility and other plan terms and conditions will be provided upon hire.