WXIA-WATL, the Tegna-owned NBC affiliate in Atlanta, GA is looking for a creative and experienced Producer for our award-winning morning show in Atlanta.
This person will work collaboratively with show’s Executive Producer & Senior Producer to create, write, and produce exciting and interesting newscasts.
Our ideal candidate is a creative problem solver with strong journalistic judgment and an ability to think creatively. Our producers use social media and digital tools skillfully to create memorable newscasts.
The new hire will be someone who can contribute ideas and isn't afraid to express opinions.
• Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, informative, and accurate manner.
• Write in a captivating, conversational, and concise style.
• Create unique newscasts or segments evoking emotion.
• Be able to control and monitor breaking news and weather situations.
• Develop original content ideas through social listening and independent sources.
• Research for facts and credibility.
• Use consumer analytics in determining content.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media to enhance stories.
• Line-produce live newscast.
• Build graphics and use effectively in shows.
• Communicate with anchors/reporters, assignment desk, field crews, production team, and others to ensure execution of a high-quality newscast.
• Perform other tasks as needed.
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience producing/line producing for newscasts.
• Perform other tasks as required by Executive Producer & Senior Producer.
• Proven experience producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content.
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook.
• Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred.
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines.
• Experience calmly handling live, breaking news situations, and changing events.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.