11Alive is looking for an experienced and creative Editing Supervisor for our morning newscasts on WXIA & WATL.
Location Not Provided
This person will oversee our morning editing team and work collaboratively with producers, anchors, reporters, and photojournalists to manage/execute compelling content for our newscasts and specials.
- Manage editors, which includes assigning duties, handling schedules, evaluating performance, and ensuring production requests/deadlines are met.
- Establish, implement, and manage production standards for live programs and specials.
- Coach/teach editors and reporters on new equipment, templates, and other editing techniques.
- Evaluate and direct the performance of assigned employees including the implementation of company and departmental goals and the resolution of employee conflict situations.
- Ensure projects and requests are completed efficiently and on schedule; determine and manage priorities when variables shift.
- Work with various management on enterprise content.
- Help develop and grow the look of newscasts.
- Assist in editing pkgs., VO’s, SOT’s, and special elements.
- Oversee live shots in ENG for shows, breaking news, streams, etc.
- Responsible for implementing new editing software/equipment and trouble shoot any operating issues. Also, act as liaison with Engineering Department.
- Maintain show content folders and video archive filing system.
- Work with other departments (i.e., Marketing, Digital & Sales) on special projects.
- Create protocols/processes to streamline workflow.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience managing a production team.
- Minimum of 3 years editing experience for news programs.
- Skilled at identifying priorities and able to meet deadlines; ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong attention to detail with goal of 0% errors in broadcast.
- Proficiency in non-linear editing, including Edius.
- Productivity-focused and proven to be a quick problem solver, with ability to overcome technical challenges as necessary.
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics, and libel laws.
- Self-starter, ability to work in a team environment, performing wide range of functions in a boundary-less way.
- Must have knowledge of the different computer systems that are required to gather video from outside sources. (Web, On Air, You Tube, FTP etc.).