The Modeling Supervisor is responsible for oversight and supervision of the modeling department at ILM Sydney.
Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible - This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
We are looking for a Modeling Supervisor who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent and collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
- Supervise the modeling team in the delivery of high quality models on time and within budget for multiple ILM projects, working in close partnership with project leadership teams.
- Provide balanced technical and creative supervision for the modeling team, ensuring all ILM current tools are used and future developments, tools and techniques are introduced into the team
- Work on the box to deliver models at an ILM standard
- Work on bids for the modeling team, ensuring time frames are achievable to meet the high level of results required both at the pre production and production phase
- Develop a close working relationship with the texture, look development, and environment teams in order to meet high outcomes for asset creation
- Work closely with talent management in continuous performance management of the modeling team with the aim to have diverse, high performing modelers who are able to cover a broad range of modeling styles and aesthetics to a high quality
Required Skills / Technical Competencies:
- A highly skilled VFX professional with extensive experience in the craft of modeling and shot sculpting in high end global teams
- A reel demonstrating CG modeling experience including wireframes and traditional art work, together with drawings, paintings, photography, etc. Work should include shot breakdown.
- A solid blend of artistic and technical skill in modeling, with a passion for detail and creating quality work with experience in Zbrush/Mudbox, Maya, Mari experience(preferred)
- You have demonstrated experience and a passion for leading teams, with a collaborative and positive supervisory style
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Film, Art, Communications or related or you have gained that experience by working in our industry