Apple is looking for candidates with a strong interest and aptitude in digital 3D modeling for the Video Engineering team. We are looking for an individual who would enjoy creating a wide variety of models, utilizing both known techniques as well as creating new techniques as the applications demand.
San Francisco Bay Area
Jan 20, 2022
- An ideal candidate will have a strong passion and enthusiasm for an Anatomical 3D modeling career.
- Extensive experience in Mechatronic design and fabrication of Anatomical models.
- Strong understanding and proficiency of traditional machine shop fabrication techniques as well as digital manufacturing methodologies (3D printing, laser cutting, etc)
- Familiar with rendering, visualization, 2D drawing, image editing, and manufacturing software packages.
- An understanding of polygonal or other solid modeling CAD programs is especially helpful. (Meshlab, Geomagic, Magics, SolidWorks).
- Proficiency in ZBrush is preferred, as is the ability to go beyond the limitations of software tools and manually manipulate or refine surfaces.
- Skilled in anatomical Sculpture using traditional materials.
- Experience in creation of various types of molds from sculptures, Life-casting is a plus.
- Experience in various prototype and archival casting materials.
- 3+ years’ experience building anatomical models.
- Natural curiosity and willingness to explore the best ways to build models based on both logic and intuition.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and a focus on ensuring the highest quality product
- Able to work independently or as part of a larger team
- This individual would work cross functionally with engineering teams to define the requirements and devise the strategies to build useful models. The individual would then work in-house or working with other model shops within Apple. We are looking for a hands-on individual that could build models when required, such as when novel techniques will require some exploration.
- Experience in industrial design, computational geometry, model making, product design, Traditional Special Effects, Sculpture, Entertainment Design, or related field is desired.
Education & Experience
- BS or BA in Industrial Design or Entertainment Design preferred. Computer Graphics, 3D Animation/Modeling, Fine Arts or Engineering will be also be considered.
- Experience with imaging technologies
- Experience modeling other body parts and building realistic dynamic models