CBS EVENING NEWS With Norah O’Donnell is seeking a smart, creative and enterprising Medical Producer with strong research skills and solid script writing experience to join the team!
Greater New York City Area
Jul 14, 2022
- Responsibilities will include the ability to cover a variety of medical and health related stories including breaking daily health-related news ranging from the latest studies published medical journals; the latest developments of the COVID pandemic, and medical research and advancements impacting the daily lives of viewers.
- The Medical Producer will also research and develop enterprise medical news features.
- The Medical Producer will work in collaboration with CBS News Medical Correspondents, medical producers on other CBS News shows and outside medical news partners under the CBS News Health Watch brand.
- The ideal candidate will have a firm command of journalistic standards and a keen attention to detail. They must also be calm and a collaborative member of a newsroom.
- Willingness to travel is a must, and this candidate should have extensive experience package producing under tight deadlines.
- They must have a keen eye in the edit room, and possess a strong understanding of story structure, visual graphics and elements.
- 5+ years producing experience in a professional newsroom preferred.
- 2+ years producing medical related stories.
- Original scripting experience a must. Must be an excellent writer with good oral communication skills.
- Experience operating cameras and shooting pieces is a plus.
- Must have solid news judgment and understanding of medical terminology.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude. Open to mentoring less experienced producers.
- Thrives in high-pressure situations. Ability to multi-task is essential.
- Degree in broadcast journalism or related field preferred.