As Media Specialist, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the various Digital Media Systems and associated systems and workflows.
Greater Philadelphia Area
Jan 03, 2023
You will perform troubleshooting of issues related to digital media systems. This position also interacts directly with the end users, news, and field teams. The candidate must have excellent verbal, organizational and written communication skills. The position is based in our state-of-the-art facility in Center City.
- Support our newsroom and other departments with their Media requests.
- Ingest files and graphics into the newsroom system and setup shared files.
- Manage various file based tools and workflows to ensure seamless delivery of media files.
- Archiving and restoration of archived content.
- Edit content e.g., blurred faces, pictures on background, audio bleeps, vignettes, etc.
- Set up and manage Live streaming interviews using tools like zoom.
- Working with our field reporters and photographers on their media needs.
- Provide training to end users on our Digital media systems and workflow tools.
- System administration: monitoring media storage, routine maintenance and purging.
- Troubleshooting problems reported by users and escalating issues to the IT.
- Monitor video packages for quality control.
- Create and update department documentation & procedures as needed.
- Minimum 1 year working with post-production process (media acquisition to playback for air)
- Minimum 2 years working knowledge in basic computer networking and operation and use of Remote Desktop Control Systems including: Microsoft Remote Desktop, VNC and/or Team Viewer
- Both External and Internal applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com
- Must be willing to work in Center City Philadelphia, Pa
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, holidays
- SD and HD broadcast signals as well as Dolby 5.1 audio
- Strong knowledge of digital media file formats ( H.264/H.265, AVCI, MPG, PSD, TGA, WMV, WAV, etc.)
- Knowledge of file transfer workflows
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, as well as other digital production software such as Adobe Photoshop and After effect
- Experience in Dalet Newsroom Production System
- Minimum 1 year experience working with Non Linear editing, Preferably Adobe Premiere Creative Cloud