As a Media Prep Technician you will be responsible for a hybrid skillset that encompasses all aspects of the digital supply chain: Source Content QC, Editing, Transcoding, and Delivery to clients all around the world.
Greater Denver Area
Aug 22, 2023
The Media Operations team in Centennial CO is a group of innovative and highly skilled individuals who are responsible for the fulfillment of media content to NBCUniversal’s distribution outlets, including its cable networks, owned television stations and online destinations.
As a Media Prep Technician you will be responsible for a hybrid skillset that encompasses all aspects of the digital supply chain: Source Content QC, Editing, Transcoding, and Delivery to clients all around the world. Team members should have an intricate understanding of various digital formats, codecs, and the tools that go along with them. This role requires the ability to adapt and learn both internal proprietary and third-party applications.
This role requires focus and determination to execute and distribute these assets properly and in a timely manner, keeping in line with our focus on 99.999% reliability and availability.
- High resolution Quality Control of NBCU long form content. QC consists of ensuring all technical aspects are complied and meet FCC/NBCU specifications.
- Baseband/linear ingest of NBC Content that is needed for on-air, VOD and/or Peacock distribution
- Perform edit and prep functions within an editing platform in order to prep and distribute NBCU long form content
- Work in various Media Asset Management (MAM) systems in order to prioritize and process NBCU long form content
- Submit various forms of content into transcoding technical stack in order to meet client’s specifications
- Reconciliation of executed work orders to ensure business needs are met
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager.
- 2+ years of experience in either a broadcast operation or post-production environment
- 2+ years of experience with Quality Control
- 1+ years of experience on Non Linear Editing Systems (Final Cut Pro, Premiere)
- 1+ years of experience in a customer facing role
- 1+ years of experience of all Microsoft Office applications (including Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Must be willing and able to work on any shift including overnights, swing, or weekends, sometimes on short notice, in support of the 24/7 operation.
- Must have unrestricted employment authorization in the US
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must be willing to work onsite in Centennial, Colorado, minimum of 3 days per week
Wage range: $50,000-$55,000 (not bonus eligible)
Day, Evening, Overnight