NBC Boston/NBC Sports Boston/NECN/Telemundo NI: The right candidate will be working at our state of the art technologically advanced media facility. Monitor local programming streams for quality control across four businesses and multiple platforms.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Boston Area
Aug 17, 2022
Communicate effectively across various departments. Transmission liaison between field and studio. Ensure technical capabilities are being used to our maximum capacity and capability.
- Responsible for live shots for broadcasts
- Quality control of ingested material and manage files to maximize system efficiency
- Coordinate and ingest feeds for the Boston Media Center
- Basic video & photo editing
- Maintain video material that permanently resides on the online storage
- Educate users on standard operating procedures
- Ensure the technical expectations of all the Boston entities are clearly being met
- Maintain our quality standards and are followed on a consistent basis
- Troubleshoot system problems and escalate issues to the appropriate team members
- Punctual, regular and dependable attendance
- Promote & exhibit teamwork within a positive work environment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum one year experience working in a fast paced television broadcast environment, knowledge of newsroom automation systems, online storage, and computer languages or equivalent work experience
- Must have the consistent ability to organize and manage shifting priorities under tight deadlines and in pressure situations. Multi-tasking and adapting quickly to change are necessary traits
- Requires strong technical aptitude and experience with television control room and studio production technology including production automation systems, newsroom editorial software, file transfer protocol and non-linear editing systems. Detailed oriented and computer proficient.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate with all levels within the organization and with external vendors.
- Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative, ability to handle criticism, even temperament and a positive approach to problem solving. Ideal candidates must exhibit leadership qualities in a collaborative environment. Must be dependable, a self-starter and operate consistently with a high degree of accuracy. Must also be able to work independently without direct supervision.
- College degree with a concentration in television production or equivalent experience preferred
- Hands on experience with Dalet newsroom system or comparable newsroom systems
- Knowledge of control room production within a 24-hour news or sports channel environment
- Working knowledge of the post-production process from media acquisition to playback for air
- Experience working digital media file formats, such as .XML, .MOV, .DV, .PSD, etc., and file conversion
- Experience with satellite and cellular bonded technology
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, as well as other digital production software such as Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, Vantage, Latakoo and file share systems
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish proficiency a plus
- Must exhibit strong leadership skills and lead with a positive example
- Must demonstrate ability to remain calm under pressure, and think critically
- Self-motivated, highly creative, forward thinking individual
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.comto be considered
- Must be able and willing to work to work any 24x7 shift, willingness to work long hours and on weekends and holidays with short notice and be flexible with schedule changes. Must be willing to work in severe weather emergencies
- Must be willing to work in Needham, MA
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver’s license