The Marketing Manager will be responsible for devising, planning and executing activities across the marketing mix both on and off-air in accordance with the marketing strategy and in line with business goals. Please note – this is a Fixed-Term Contract for 9+ months.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
London, United Kingdom
Jul 07, 2023
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for devising, planning and executing activities across the marketing mix both on and off-air in accordance with the marketing strategy and in line with business goals. This is a key role, reporting to the UK Senior Marketing Manager, working across the full Discovery Portfolio. It contributes significantly to driving the growth and success of discovery+ and the portfolio of flagship Pay and Free-TV brands including our sports brands.
Please note – this is a Fixed-Term Contract for 9+ months.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Support the Senior Marketing Manager by playing a key role in the formulation, planning and execution of consumer marketing activities across the Warner Bros. Discovery portfolio of networks and streaming services.
- Support tentpole programming on discovery+ and network of linear channels with campaigns designed for owned and paid ATL media.
- Programming includes real-life genres such as factual, crime, reality, paranormal.
- Ensure all marketing assets reflect the respective channel brand positionings, adhere to guidelines and are effective in communicating brand messages.
- Manage the day to day relationship with the in-house creative team, media planning, external media buying agencies and internal teams as directed on the development, production and implementation of marketing activities.
- Write compelling creative briefs and manage the creative process with the in-house team.
- Ensure integration is seamless and consistent with ATL, social and digital, on-air, PR and partnerships working closely and collaboratively with those teams.
- Manage, coordinate and execute special events and activations as needed.
- Liaise with other marketers within the Discovery group to ensure efficiencies, share assets and best practice.
- Working with the Senior Marketing Manager, feed into the marketing budget and facilitate accurate onward spend forecasting.
Qualifications & Experience…
- Experienced brand and content marketer with a proven track record in driving high profile 360 campaigns in the UK, across all genres within the portfolio and on d+.
- Ability to see the bigger picture and understand strategic goals.
- Strong understanding of brands and how to manage performance.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Experience of organising events.
- Data driven and consumer obsessed, ensuring our target audience cohorts are at the heart of all communications.
- Have an understanding of consumer insights and how to apply them.
- Excellent communicator – able to liaise effectively with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Team player - working closely with the other functional groups within the marketing function; PR, Commercial, Scheduling, CX, Social, Partnerships and other teams to create integrated campaigns that support channel priorities
- Attention to detail with the ability to devise new and innovative ideas that will help strengthen our brands.
- A deep understanding of TV, streaming and media industry.
- Flexibility to work across Factual and Lifestyle depending on the commissioning roll out plans across the business.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task while meeting budgets and tight deadlines.
- A willingness to go the extra mile.