Be responsible for a portfolio of titles within the global Disney Games business unit and ensure the successful launch and live operations of these titles in partnership with licensees primarily focused on Lucasfilm, and 20th Century Games.
The Walt Disney Company’s games business is one of the world’s largest licensors of games across platforms. Our games teams work closely with external development studios to create original stories through high-quality games inspired by the worlds of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm and 20th Century Studios.
The Walt Disney Games Marketing team partners with licensees to deliver premier campaigns, helping each licensee successfully create/complete go-to-market plans that build brand awareness, engage consumers, and drive conversions through thoughtful brand storytelling, data-driven insights, and creative innovation – all grounded in a consumer-centric integrated marketing approach.
The Marketing Manager reports to the Sr Manager, Marketing.
Provide portfolio with related work experience.
- Be responsible for a portfolio of titles within the global Disney Games business unit and ensure the successful launch and live operations of these titles in partnership with licensees primarily focused on Lucasfilm, and 20th Century Games.
- Independently lead the strategic vision for go-to-market campaigns, while providing insightful guidance to licensees for activations, day-to-day creative reviews, and marketing materials.
- Partner closely with internal cross-functional teams (Production, PR, Franchise, Legal and more) to tap into their expertise throughout all stages of product development and ensure success
- Be a strong brand steward for The Walt Disney Company brands, especially in providing insights & support to licensees and managing executions to ensure magnificent marketing and creative implementations
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights with licensees to identify market opportunities that inform and help shape player personas/target audiences, positioning, go-to-market plans, creative development, and campaign activations
You Will Have
- Familiarity with project management tools and platforms (eg JIRA, Box, Monday)
- Highly organized, meticulous project manager; ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Proficiency in KeyNote/PowerPoint; the ability to creatively tell a story in a compelling way
- Solid understanding of 3rd party tools used to source app market data and competitive insights
- Knowledge of the entertainment industry with a focus on interactive and gaming
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing, within the gaming industry
- Goal-oriented strategic/creative thinker with a proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Proven success in brand management, product marketing, user acquisition, and social/community marketing strategies/campaigns
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to translate qualitative/quantitative data into actionable insights that tell a story
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence and “sell” strategies to a wide audience set
- Resourceful problem-solver with a can-do attitude; works well under pressure
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field is required.
This position is located in Glendale, California.
The hiring range for this position in location is $84,460.00 to $113,300.00 per year.