This position will be responsible for acquiring new viewers, driving awareness and increasing engagement with The Weather Channel programming and other emerging AMG streaming platforms.
The Weather Channel has also recently expanded our distribution to include YouTube TV and Hulu, so this individual will have an opportunity to drive growth across cable and digital distribution platforms. The position will also offer an opportunity to bring their marketing, campaign management, and growth marketing experience to AMG’s other streaming products.
This position will be responsible for acquiring new viewers, driving awareness and increasing engagement with The Weather Channel programming and other emerging AMG streaming platforms. They will work closely with the programming, product, research, PR and distribution teams to engage the target audience and lead B2C marketing efforts to grow viewers and increase viewing time. In addition, this individual will support the growth of The Weather Channel and AMG streaming brands across various distribution platforms and partnerships. This data-driven position will work closely with the Strategic Insights team to leverage research and insights to drive growth and retention of our network viewers. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this marketing manager will play a key leadership role on the AMG marketing team by leading customer acquisition and retention efforts, being the primary point of contact with our internal creative resources, and ensuring that our teams stay on brand as they continue to support the growth of The Weather Channel audience.
You will collaborate with the marketing, PR, and social media teams to acquire and retain viewers and will apply your knowledge of advertising creative development, on-air promotions strategy, media planning and implementation across various digital platforms to grow The Weather Channel’s digital footprint, including supporting additional AMG brands such as, The Weather Channel en Espanol, and Pattrn. You will work with our creative team to develop and test new creative.
You will have specialized knowledge of digital media and understand best practices to drive high-quality growth for the organization. In addition to understanding how to build and evaluate an effective marketing campaign plan, you will also have knowledge of key retention and engagement efforts, such as email marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and report on measurable marketing goals for our campaigns
- Collaborate with internal creative resources to develop and test new campaign advertising creative.
- Own the development/management of effective integrated marketing and media plans
- Manage on-air promotion planning and implementation of promotional inventory in support of The Weather Channel and other brands.
- Develop creative briefs in support of new programming, season premieres, and additional programming efforts.
- Work with marketing leaders to maintain and update creative budgets and media plans; including budgeting/POs, execution, reporting, optimization and invoices/purchase orders
- Develop and execute new and effective paid media campaigns across display, video, search, social media, content syndication and other channels.
- Report on overall performance to evaluate campaign effectiveness and recommend adjustments
- Stay ahead of industry standards and trends, pilot new programs and innovative opportunities to reach targets and always be testing
- Partner effectively with programming, product, creative, research/insights, and social media teams to develop winning media strategies that overdeliver against KPIs, etc.
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or equivalent field or equivalent work experience preferred
- 3-5 years experience managing organic and paid media campaigns
- Demonstrated experience with growing digital products/platforms, with an emphasis on TV, streaming services, and/or digital media
- Demonstrated experience in using data, research, and strategic insights to inform marketing decisions
- Demonstrated experience in developing unique, value-building marketing campaigns
- Experience developing advertising creative with a focus on digital marketing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- You thrive at analyzing data, thinking creatively, and ensuring marketing campaigns reach their target audience using the most effective mix of owned, earned and paid channels.
- You know that the perfect recipe of media and channels can change how consumers understand our mission, help us build new communities and accelerate adoption of our products.
- You have the ability to manage multiple projects and maintain your focus on hitting key objectives.