You will be responsible for managing and developing ESPN Digital Media’s UK-based teams and products. You will oversee editorial, as well as driving the overall editorial strategy across the Digital Media properties in the U.K. and Africa, including social media.
London, United Kingdom
Oct 18, 2023
You will be responsible for managing and developing ESPN Digital Media’s UK-based teams and products. You will oversee editorial, as well as driving the overall editorial strategy across the Digital Media properties in the U.K. and Africa, including social media. You will also work closely with the teams that produce and provide content to the U.S. sites and teams.
The Opportunity & Responsibilities
- Coordinates communication and planning between UK and other English-language editorial teams (Africa, Australia, SE Asia, Netherlands).
- Serves at primary point person to coordinate regional English-language editorial plans (Africa, Australia, SE Asia, Netherlands) with U.S. editorial teams. Also works with other regions in finding content that can be used/surfaced in the U.K.
- Explores ways to enhance coverage for global audience.
- Works with Ad Sales teams for U.K. specific editorial sponsorships and opportunities, liaising with U.S. Ad Sales and editorial teams for awareness and coordination.
- Coordinate with U.S. editorial any sport events in U.K. and Europe, including but not limited to Wimbledon, British Open and F1.
- Manages F1 editorial team, working closely with production and U.S.-based racing editor to grow coverage across platforms including ESPN+.
- Manages rugby editorial coverage.
- Works closely with digital video teams both in the U.K. and in other regions to maximize our video output and usage in the region.
- Demonstrates a robust knowledge of U.S. sports and ways to grow U.S. sports digital coverage in the UK across platforms. Lean into ESPN’s global expertise in sports such as NFL, MLB, NBA, NFL and UFC/MMA, among others.
- Lead the effort to strategically surface our content on our U.K. sites and U.K. social handles.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of working with metrics, including Omniture and Chartbeat.
- Works closely with the cricket editorial teams in both the UK and India, home of Cricinfo.
- Manages U.K.-based team including editorial news, senior writers, freelance editors, video team and social media team.
- Manage U.K.-based social team
The Experience We Require From You
- Formal journalistic qualifications or equivalent relevant work experience are required for this role.
- An excellent knowledge of all major sports – including cricket, football (EPL and International), rugby and strong knowledge of U.S. based sports and sport leagues such as NFL, NBA, MLB, UFC/MMA, NHL
- A sound knowledge and experience with digital publishing and technology and digital and social metrics such as Omniture, Chartbeat, Sprinklr, etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience in social media including social lives and video.