The Manager, Post Production is responsible for the slate of original productions from a post-production and delivery point of view. Managing all aspects of post-production for our feature and television productions including post-production planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
The Manager, Post Production is responsible for the slate of original productions from a post-production and delivery point of view. Managing all aspects of post-production for our feature and television productions including post-production planning, scheduling, and budgeting. The Manager will be responsible for implementing best practices and new technologies and leveraging existing processes and systems. Responsibilities will include post-production scheduling, project budget tracking, production resource management, delivery to clients, and maintaining vendor relationships. This candidate is required to promote efficient, timely asset delivery and adherence to procedure. The candidate must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and communication skills.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively work with creative executives and outside producers to meet their creative vision needs, while meeting budget and delivery goals on over 80+ projects a year
- Partner with Physical Production and Production Finance to evaluate post-production budgets and ensure they fit within film budget expectations
- Manage projects through internal processes, systems, and procedures spanning the entire production timeline for features, television, and digital platforms
- Manage relationships with all outside vendors through each individual project as well as develop strategic alliances that will improve hard costs
- Manage delivery of title to client and MarVista archive
- Effectively manage Post-Production costs through the production process
- Provide and maintain visibility into the daily progress and milestones of the post-production process through shared tools, and systems
- Attend and manage through sessions such as color correction, final mix, ADR, and VFX reviews
- Evaluate and carry out post-production workflows and adjust workflows to complement project needs and new technology needs
- Serve as a liaison between our external producers, creative executives, and outside vendors throughout the entire project
- Other duties and projects as assigned by department head
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years of experience as a post-production coordinator or supervisor in both film and television
- Experience with a variety of digital media workflows and media asset types
- Strong technical background
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to prioritize and apply appropriate resources where needed
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various phases of the process in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Avid, Final Cut Pro, and Premiere
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $75,000.00-85,000.00 annually for California.