The Photo Manager, based in New York or Los Angeles, will coordinate both existing and newly commissioned photography for scripted, unscripted series.
Greater New York City Area, Greater Los Angeles Area
Jun 23, 2022
This person will also focus on photography for content being provided by our studio partners. Qualified candidates must be passionate about crafting amazing photography and excited to use photography to support our shows. Candidates must be an expert in Photoshop, be extremely detail oriented, possess a wide understanding of digital photography, and proficient in the importance asset management. The photo department produces, edits and handles all still assets for Paramount+. This role reports to the VP of Photography.
- Maintain and manage the network’s internal DAM database and archiving system by adhering to digital naming conventions, file management, metadata, and quality control.
- Episodic unit photography coverage: read scripts, assign coverage, edit images, and input metadata for the best placement in press and social platforms.
- Work closely with our studio partners on photography for a variety needs.
- Help maintain quality in all photography retouching to match show and elevate photographic look of assets.
- Retouching of unit photography: removal of BTS gear, color balance, cropping.
- Update Paramount Press Express. Upload pre-air and post-air images per show.
- Receive digital assets directly from photographers and maintain relationships with photographers working in the field.
- Work closely with the VP of Photography on all projects.
- Photo research of various talent or photographic looks.
- Distribute photography to all internal teams.
- Work with press outlets to provide photographs for their needs.
- Make sure each image has the correct metadata and each actor is identified in all photographs.
- Suggest new and innovative ways that photography can be used at Paramount+.
- Work with social team or agencies to provide photos.
- Bachelor’s degree in Photography or equivalent photography experience.
- 4+ years of experience in brand, entertainment or magazine Photo Editing field.
- Excellent knowledge of digital photography including Adobe Creative Suite, file processing and digital cameras. Must be able to do light-medium retouching.
- Must have a strong editorial sense and understand the relationship of the photography we produce in the larger world of press, marketing and social.
- Sustained success as a great teammate!
- Ability to handle a high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments while maintaining composure and handling contending priorities.
- Must possess solid organization, meeting management, effective time management, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be hard working, dedicated, and passionate about photography. This is a creative position with strong project management and production needs.