The Virtual Production Supervisor is responsible for the oversight and integration of all virtual production stage technology for assigned LuxMC projects.
Jun 17, 2022
- Work with the LuxMC Virtual Production Producers and LuxMC Virtual Production Managers to generate an accurate estimate of the stage or on-set labor based on a thorough plan for the project in question; advise on sourcing talent to effectively execute LuxMC Virtual Production projects.
- Work closely with LuxMC Engineering and Dev teams to stay aware of all relevant active development within LuxMC. Communicate clearly as a product owner/stakeholder to identify the priorities for LuxMC stage teams.
- Supervise the onsite stage team in executing LuxMC Virtual Production projects
- Partners with the LuxMC Engineering and Development teams in planning and execution of technology development projects, ensuring that priorities are in line with show/project needs.
- Supervises demonstrations and camera tests to prove capabilities and potential of Virtual Production techniques.
- Advise directors and cinematographers on best practices for using LuxMC Virtual Production systems.
- Oversee Virtual Production stage crew by providing training, mentoring, and guidance on running shoots and projects independently.
- Evaluate and maintain virtual production needs and standards for potential and ongoing projects, and ensure that documentation of these standards and approach plans are maintained per LuxMC's best practices.
- Train the location crew in LuxMC best practices for on-set virtual production.
- Create and maintain various vendor relationships and stay up to date on hardware and software solutions related to LED displays, projection, video engineering and networking.
- Responsible for the delivery of good captured data that plugs into the client's pipeline as well as working closely with show leadership to establish and maintain the color pipeline.
- Manage the Virtual Camera Supervisor and their team in the integration of camera tracking and mo-cap systems.
- Manage the Engine Supervisor and their team in the preparation for all virtual production shoots, including scene assembly and asset preparation and ensure asset and delivery pipelines are properly configured for each virtual production show.
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- 5+ years of experience with Motion Capture technology, VFX, and Physical Production.
- Experience with successful on-set client interaction and key creative collaboration.
- Track record of successfully delivering high-quality data in a rapidly changing environment
- Advanced knowledge of on-set digital acquisition hardware.
- Advanced knowledge of motion capture & camera tracking hardware techniques, and on-set pipelines.
- Advanced knowledge of LED and Projection display systems.
- Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of live action production.
- Proven track record in leadership and mentorship of production stage crews.
- Knowledge of game engine and game-related technologies.
- Strong comprehension of the concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and film production.
- Experience in a visual effects asset and shot production pipeline.
- Advanced knowledge of still photography, film, and video production.
- Advanced knowledge of movie lighting and stage rigging.
- Experience with video hardware and signals.
- Some experience with broadcast video systems is preferred.
- Must be highly computer literate with MAC and Windows as well as GSuite.
- Must be an excellent troubleshooter to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor-driven systems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomacy skills.