The purpose of this position is to form part of the virtual production stage operation team on location. You will be responsible for the oversight of the camera tracking system during day-to-day operation, while managing the camera tracking team and achieving the requests of the client.
Jun 22, 2022
- Work closely with the Head of Capture and aid in the design and upkeep of motion capture and camera tracking systems prior and during productions. Also work together to achieve the required deliverables keeping to deadlines.
- Facilitate camera tracking integration into virtual production systems.
- Oversee the daily operation of camera tracking systems in live production environments.
- Provide leadership and support for the camera tracking team.
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication on the status of camera tracking during production.
- Build a good relationship and communication path with the VP Supervisor and other onset departments to achieve a smooth workflow throughout production.
- Education of teams and individuals as necessary to ensure successful operation in your absence.
- Verify proper recording and handling of camera tracking data.
- Provide camera tracking expertise in adapting to the needs of production.
- Support the virtual production supervisor in facilitating a smooth hand-off to post-production.
- Oversee camera tracking maintenance and servicing.
- Testing and assessment of new hardware and software.
- Continuous improvement of the camera tracking pipeline and workflow.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with motion capture systems
- Familiarity with Vicon motion capture systems preferred
- Experience in leadership roles preferred
- Must be able to travel to and undertake work at Warner Brothers Studios Leavesden and other studios in the London area.
- Must be an excellent troubleshooter to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor driven systems.
- On-set production experience preferred
- Familiarity with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used in live-action film production and VFX is a plus
- Willing to learn more about Unreal Engine, other real time rendering and motion capture systems
- Ability to deliver superior service and build lasting relationships by demonstrating NEP’s Core Values: innovative, one team, passion and integrity.