We have the amazing opportunity to join our award winning team On-Site in the studio in Los Angeles to work on the Avatar sequels.
Looking for Lighting TDs available to start now through until April to be part of this ground breaking team.
Candidates must be Los Angeles based, US Citizens or legal to work in US.
The Lighting team is a diverse group comprised of more than 80 of the world's best Lighting TDs. Collectively, we are responsible for creating lighting for all assets, environments and characters and work closely with the CG supervisor, CG Asset Lead, Art Directors and Texture artists to achieve the artistic style and level required.
Our ideal Lighting TD can solve demanding shot problems independently and has 3-5+ years production experience in feature films, episodic series or equivalent.
Lighting TDs will have the following attributes -
- Expert user in Katana, Maya, Houdini or equivalent DCC packages.
- Expert knowledge of rendering technologies such as Renderman, Arnold, V-Ray or similar.
- Possess and understanding of the techniques of digital cinematic lighting with regards to story, mood, character, framing, colour, light and shadow.
- Understand the principals of physically plausible lighting, shading and lensing in the production of high-fidelity photorealistic imagery for VFX production.
- Familiarity and understanding of complex VFX production workflows and pipeline environments including Linux.
- An aptitude for complex problem solving in a fast-paced production environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Additional Preferred skills -
- Experience with programming or scripting in C/C++, Python, Lua or Mel preferred.
- Experience working with complex natural effects simulations in Houdini or equivalent.
- Shader writing experience in RSL, OSL, GLSL and Vulkan.
Being able to communicate effectively, work collaboratively and give and receive constructive feedback will be critical to your success in this role. You’ll have excellent time keeping skills and strive to maintain a resilient and constructive workspace within your team.