At Blizzard, a Localization Audio Producer is more than just a coordinator of recording assets and information. Our audio producers have a deep knowledge and understanding of our games and the recording industry.
At Blizzard, a Localization Audio Producer is more than just a coordinator of recording assets and information. Our audio producers have a deep knowledge and understanding of our games and the recording industry. They are passionate about helping us to fulfill our Localization Team’s mission of ‘It Feels Blizzard in Every Language’. More specifically, our Localization Audio Producers also help to make sure ‘It Sounds Blizzard in Every Language.’ If you have a passion for video games, VO recording, and captivating a global fanbase, this job may be for you. Localization Audio Producers collaborate with internal and external partners to plan the audio strategy for new game releases, to cast appropriate voice talent for each IP, and to coordinate and manage the recording process to deliver high-quality audio assets on time to our development teams. Other goals include driving continuous process improvement and identifying ways to improve the gameplay experience in each region served by our localized titles.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
What you bring to the table:
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Deliver technically and artistically excellent localized VO assets on schedule.
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external partners in the recording and delivery process.
- Participate in the selection and evaluation of external partners, standard processes, and tools.
- Provide specs, guidelines, recording kits and direction to recording studios.
- Participate in the casting of actors for key roles.
- Provide creative direction and support to recording studios around the world.
- Manage scripts, localized VO and source VO during all stages of production.
- Perform technical and language checks and editing of VO assets to ensure deliveries to development teams are spotless and ready for implementation.
- Collaborate closely with all global internal and external audio localization collaborators.
- Assist in budget planning, supervise ongoing costs, and report on spend for audio production.
- 6+ years experience managing the recording of interactive localized VO or with related game audio technologies.
- Drive to improve quality and efficiency through creative, practical, and collaborative solutions.
- Interest and ability to work with recordings in languages other than English.
- Demonstrated ability & experience in VO production.
- Good command of audio post processing and audio, graphics, or video editing software
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of dubbing business practices and key partners.
- Team worker ready to collaborate with project collaborators on both production and creative goals.
- Eagerness to accept and proactively drive process improvement efforts.
- Good self-organizational skills and knowledge of project management practices.
In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $29.81 - $55.14 Hourly.