The Line Producer makes important editorial decisions and guides talent, writers, associate producers and the technical team in the control room.
Work with Robin Meade! She’s the longest running anchor on a network morning show!
Help the HLN viewer start their day right with an engaging mix of national, consumer, health, entertainment, and weather news! We need a fantastic, energetic, and motivated Line Producer to help deliver the show’s promise every weekday morning.
The Line Producer, with senior producer guidance, prepares the rundown of news stories and oversees and executes the production of key video and graphic elements. The Line Producer makes important editorial decisions and guides talent, writers, associate producers and the technical team in the control room. Additionally, the line producer must be able to build segments and develop story ideas from beginning to air. This includes editorial discussions, writing scripts, anchor research, selecting video and graphic elements, and coordinating with guests.
- Ability to create an in-depth, visually exciting program.
- Applicant must be editorially mature with solid knowledge of national, financial, health sports and pop culture headlines.
- Strong interest and awareness of newsgathering via social media.
- Excellent writing skills and an ability to produce quality work quickly.
- Must be a strong leader in the control room and be able to calmly handle breaking news situations.
- Flexibility to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style.
- Must be an effective team leader with strong people skills.
- Must be cooperative and work effectively with senior leaders to carry out HLN priorities.
- Must have the ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently and with a team.
- Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and compelling ways to present content, new angles to approach stories, and the organizational skills to bring it all together.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience producing live news shows.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent with proven industry experience.
- This position requires overnight hours and the individual chosen is required to be extremely flexible.
- Attitude- must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
- Knowledge of iNews and Mediasource is helpful.