The iOne Digital Line Producer will be the Production Management brand lead, leading all aspects of each project from its earliest starting point through to delivery.
LP must have an acute understanding of the digital landscape and experience in producing content distributed via YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram, O&O sites and apps, as well as other emerging platforms
The Line Producer will demonstrate a passion for digital video production and have a proven track record managing a robust slate of original programming including: animation, documentary, studio, live, scripted and reality and a wide range of budgets. Must also have extensive experience and knowledge of the regulations governing working with and around minors.
Candidates will have a history partnering with Development Execs and be able to drive conversations around feasible video executions within budgetary parameters. Must have field physical production experience, a positive disposition and appreciation for challenge. This is a hands-on role and the Line Producer must be prepared to “do” as well as “oversee”.
This role reports to the Vice President of Video and is a part of the Video Team.
- Coordinate with internal producers to book production studio space/locations and manage production calendar as consistent with internal policies and procedure.
- Keep up-to-date on high level of correspondence with vendors, creative teams, freelancers and inter-departmentally
- Collect and manage deliverables, schedules, editorial deadlines and delivery dates as needed
- Serve as production management point for all iOne video projects
- Partner with iOne video development leads, sales leads and video producers to execute savvy content that is of the highest quality possible
- Drive fiscal content budget as well as individual project budgets – must be an expert in crafting production plans from nothing
- Draft and reviews budgets and schedules, track and project final budgets, and review all wrap materials
- Oversee assignments of internal staff and freelancers working on iOne video projects
- Hire crew, safety, locations, equipment, etc. on a project basis for all internal and 3rd party executions
- Track and oversee payment and coordination with talent in conjunction with the internal talent team
- React quickly in a fast-paced production environment and demonstrate pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Implement all logistical, legal, technical and financial aspects of physical production for iOne video content. Collaborates with internal and external teams on project-specific needs pertaining to BALA, MML, Labor and Employment, Production Risk, International Relations, Government Relations and Safety
- Learn iOne Policy & Procedure and build productive working relationships with finance, legal, talent, technical, and support departments
- Work autonomously without oversight from production executives
- Communicate effectively with senior executives and keep business partners up to date on project status
- Understand when to elevate issues that require senior oversight or have broader company implications
- Manage and mentor junior production personnel
- Strategize new and improved ways of doing business and champion change
Rights & Clearances
- Act as the key liaison between Video Department and key stakeholder departments including Legal and Finance.
- Coordinate & facilitate the execution of blanket vendor agreements, project deal terms and 3rd party contracts in collaboration with team lead and department head.
- Establish and Manage the monthly rights and clearance reconciliation process to ensure that archives accurately reflect the appropriate documents to protect the company.
- Maintain and drive procedure around the collection, validation and digital archival of production binders to support the productions created and published by iOne Digital.
Administrative / Project Management
- Update internal staff with production schedules, treatments, scripts, rough cuts, fine cuts, final screening copies, milestone payments confirmations and other deliverables.
- Arrange meetings, conference calls, travel arrangements and handle travel and expense reports as requested.
- Track, project and actualize expenses across multiple productions, pilots, shorts, and development projects
- Manage payments/cash flows for vendors via invoices & contracts
- Facilitate and process weekly production timecards, talent contracts and payments
- Coordinate with internal editorial video teams to effectively support the extension and promotion of content slates across external video partners.
- Complies with Network and Urban One’s mandatory trainings and adheres to related course deadlines
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience required with both field production experience AND network/broadcast and/or production company history
- Experience line producing and production management for new media platforms required
- Strong knowledge of leading digital platforms and emerging technology
- Willingness to travel and availability for some nights/weekend shoots/events
- Skilled in Movie Magic budgeting required
- Proven track record of production management in high paced, high volume team environments delivering content suited for the digital landscape.
- Comfortable working within deadlines, under pressure, and juggle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills, in person and in various written formats (Slack, email, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of organizational platforms such as Basecamp, Trello, and Slope.
- A basic understanding of CMS systems
- Can work well in a collaborative environment