The Line Producer is responsible for leading the execution of on-air strategies, product presentations, and the optimization of airtime and product sales.
In this role, you will make real-time decisions to maximize scripted sales, execute product presentation strategies, and lead the Studio Production Team in meeting business and production goals. This includes providing real-time feedback to the Studio Production & Operations Teams, Program Hosts, and On-Air Guests. You will partner with Category Production, Planning, Video Commerce Storytelling & Production, Video Commerce Production & Operations, Program Hosts, On-Air Guests, and Vendors to plan and execute product presentations and programming. This includes partner meetings, production meetings, shift recaps, and strategy enhancements. A successful candidate exemplifies and embraces the QRG Principles, leadership competencies, is analytical, has strong interpersonal skills, and the ability work in a fast-paced, high business risk environment to meet business and production goals and communicate learning and observations back to the business.
Who We Are
The Line Producer Team is a live production team that drives sales and productivity on QVC & QVC2. As part of the Video Commerce Storytelling & Production team, the Line Producers are responsible for bringing products and brands to life by executing the most authentic, compelling, and educational presentation to ensure the QVC customer stays informed, engaged, and makes a buying decision.
- Drive on air engagement and sales goals by leveraging previously successful best practices, techniques, identifying innovative and new methods and plans which result in achieving the stickiness strategy for the category.
- Leverages Category Production expertise to initiate the development of the Production Plan for TV Production Team.
- Analyze trends/data/information and influence the improvement of stickiness for a show, category or item, using viewership reporting, Customer Focus Groups and other sources.
- Considering both Sales & Viewership data, determine the best practices (including demos) for an item to make for a successful presentation.
- Collaborate and align with key internal partners and externally with vendors and guests to meet QVC’s business goals.
- Communicate TV Production protocol, standards and guidelines to vendor and guest community.
- Communicate clear direction and expectations for on-air execution to on-air team, including talent, control room staff, and other functional experts.
- Implement innovative audience specific content to support TSVs, Brands, & Items within product category.
What You Bring
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- Experience: Five years live Broadcasting experience, background in Electronic Retailing a plus
- Strong knowledge of live Television Production, understanding of Marketing and Sales.
- Understands production strategy and the importance of planning.
- Must display incredible initiative.
- Proactive in solving problems
- Display leadership and decision-making skills
- Excellent listening and negotiation skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills necessary
- Ability to resolve problems related to a Live broadcast environment.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to perform basic/advanced math calculations.
- Ability to differentiate between colors.
- Ability to access and enter information quickly and accurately using an automated system.
- Ability to comprehend and apply complex information.