Lighting Technical Directors (TD) work with direction from the Visual Effects Supervisors and Sequence Supervisors to create the look of computer generated objects and scenes.
They are responsible for lighting, shading, rendering, and some compositing. TDs work with other artists such as Character Animator, Rotoscope Artists and Compositors to bring the shot together.
We are looking for a creative who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, team-oriented mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
- Creates images, effects and programs for digitally composited sequences
- Responsible for compiling the various elements of a shot and seeing it through to completion
- Designs and implements direct and reflected lighting and shadows for assigned shots that meet art and tone direction
- Develop solutions and techniques that meet art/technical direction
- Able to navigate and use previous setups for at least a dozen shots, insertion of shot specialization, managing multiple assets and lighting setups
- Management of volumetric light setups, including shadowing and cucoloris development
- Light, material assign and render for actors using CG hair and scattering skin materials.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or computer graphics or equivalent 3-5+ years production experience or feature film experience with CG Lighting work
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Linux and scripting ability in Python and LUA
- Experience with Katana and Renderman
- C++ skills also applicable