Under the direction of the Manager of Broadcast Lighting, the Lighting Assistant supports the efforts of the entire Lighting team to enhance the lighting of every studio and remote broadcast for QVC.
Grip / Lighting / Electric
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Philadelphia Area
Nov 02, 2023
Under the direction of the Manager of Broadcast Lighting, the Lighting Assistant supports the efforts of the entire Lighting team to enhance the lighting of every studio and remote broadcast for QVC. You will perform daily design and technical maintenance under the supervision and guidance of the Lighting Designer & Lighting Engineer, respectively. You also must react quickly to critical situations that occur in live broadcast situations, and support any other lighting activities that involve all live or content studios.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled checks of set lighting to ensure that all fixtures and gel are in good working condition and focused correctly.
- Program the lighting consoles as necessary. Understand basic operations and functions of the lighting console.
- Under the supervision of the Lighting Designer and Associate Lighting Designer, hang and focus any additional lighting equipment needed for new positions, specialty shows, or TSVs.
- Utilize existing software to track times associated with specialty shows and additional programming or projects.
- Utilize existing software to track the movement or installation of all lighting equipment.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area, and promote all safe-use practices through the use of safety guidelines.
- Support the Lighting Designer or Engineer in project development through research, paperwork, or demonstrations of equipment.
What You Bring
- Degree in television / theatre lighting and/or film, or equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- One to Three years of recent active lighting experience is required, coupled with a working knowledge of technical elements.
- Must react quickly to critical situations that occur in live situations.
- Must have some experience working in lighting designs and systems, working with multiple fixture types and using existing knowledge to make educated decisions on new or unfamiliar equipment.
- Some experience with on-location or remote productions preferred